The funny thing about having cats is that they have a bad rep among families. Everyone thinks of dogs when they think of a fun family pet, but cats are an underrated species that the whole family can have fun with, including kids! Lately I’ve been trying to think of ideas for family activities when my family comes to visit, and because they have kids, I have to think of a way to integrate the cats and the kids to have fun together.
One cute idea is to actually print out fun cat-related posters and hang them up in the playroom, this way the kids who visit can feel comfortable around my cats because of the cat imagery. An additional fun activity would be paw painting. We can first line the newspaper all over the floor to make sure no paint gets anywhere, and then put plates or bowls of paint. We can have the kids use paint brushes, and the cats can use their own brushes, aka their paws! Dip the paw of the cat onto the paper and see some really cool imprints. I am pretty excited about watching the kids play with the cats and get these cool paint designs going.
I am also considering bringing over my neighbors’ dog – although cats and dogs don’t usually get along, my neighbors’ dog is very friendly, and it could provide yet another way for my family to have fun with my cats, with the dog helping to create a more fun atmosphere.
Anyone that has owned diamond jewelry at a certain point has probably at least thought about selling the diamonds. The important thing to keep in mind is that prices of diamonds do fluctuate, but it is unlikely that you will be able to sell diamonds for a profit.
But why is that? Below we will get into why this happens.
The first reason why reselling diamonds will almost never turn a profit is because of the high profit margins that brick and mortar stores have to maintain. For instance, let’s say your local jeweler makes a 25% markup on the diamonds that they buy, that means the value of diamonds needs to increase at least 25% before you would be even close to getting your money back.
This leads us to the second problem – who do you sell diamonds to in order to get the market price? Unfortunately, the answer is nobody (unless you have your own store to sell from).
The truth is that most diamonds for sale in stores are basically borrowed from a wholesaler, so they don’t have to pay for them upfront. This means that if they decide to actually buy diamonds from someone, the price needs to be super low in order for them to justify the purchase.
In the end, no matter who you try to resell your diamonds to, they pretty much know that they have the upper-hand in the deal, and will always aim to get the cheapest price possible. Selling to pawnshops or private consumers is an even worse idea so don’t even go there. Your best bet is to wait until the price of diamonds has appreciated at least 10% compared to the price that you paid, then approach a vendor.
It’s not uncommon to see people that are in a financial bind go to payday loans, as a short-term solution. The main problem with these types of loans is that the market is very competitive, and it’s often difficult to cut through the noise and figure out which company you should work with. Below are some tips to help you choose the right loan provider:
- First thing, before anything else, you need to make sure that the company that you potentially want to work with is actually licensed to operate in the state that you live in. That means, if you are looking for payday loans Las Vegas, then the company should have a license to operate in the state of Nevada.
- Interest Rates – This is the second most important aspect of the whole deal. Many lenders are prepared to provide loans on short notice, and some will send the money within just an hour. However, the interest rate is vary greatly from one company to another, so don’t go by speed, but instead focus on the interest rate. If you are not careful then you may end up paying more in interest than the principle loan.
- Terms and Conditions – Along with interest rates, you need to choose the provider that gives you terms that you can work with. Payday loans are usually due about 15 to 90 days after the loan, and the amount of time in the terms should correlate with your ability to repay.
In the end, payday loans are something that require a bit of research, but may seem strange because payday loans are often “planned.” Just be sure to not rush into it, because even though the market is heavily regulated by the government, you could still potentially cause problems for yourself if you agree to something that you can’t handle.
Losing hair on your head can be more than a nightmare for most, and the fact that there is not a single solution to the problem makes it very daunting to deal with. While sometimes hair loss has to do with medical reasons, often times it’s just genetics, so the feeling of helplessness is even greater than usual. Regardless, seeing skin where hair should be is devastating to everyone, but we have some simple tips to help you regrow hair:
- Meditation – this tip is the easiest of them all to implement. Meditating only takes a couple minutes out of your day, and can significantly lower your levels of stress, which will help improve your overall health. You can look up other guides about meditation to give you a routine to follow.
- Proper Nutrition – if you are already getting an ample amount of sleep and you are working on reducing your stress levels, then it’s time to make sure you are getting enough nutrients everyday. Your daily diet should include iron, proteins, minerals, vitamins, and omegas.
- Massage – believe it or not, even scalp massages can help to promote more hair growth. If you use your fingertips and slowly massage your scalp it will stimulate circulation of blood in the area and help release harmful toxins that are stored up. Just like meditation, a massage only take a couple minutes out of your day.
It’s important to note that there are countless guides out there on how to maintain your health when it comes to nutrition and proper sleep. We barely scratched the surface, since these are just tips on how regain your hair.
While the most common reasons for needing a demolition company is usually to knock down a house so that it can be rebuilt, it is very important that you choose the right company for the job. Sometimes it is hard to cut through the noise sense there may be many companies to choose from, but below are some tips to help you navigate the world of demolition companies.
- Every job is different, and that means having a wide range of equipment is absolutely vital. Make sure the company you are interested in working with have a big assortment of vehicles, because your job may present some difficulties that are often overlooked.
- Will the demolition crew get rid of the rubbish? Demolition always causes a large mess, and any reliable demolition company should be able to handle the task, but it’s still safe to ask ahead of time just to be sure.
- Will they also handle hazardous materials? On top of just the rubble, there may be some dangerous materials that need to be handled specially, and a reputable demolition company should know how to handle anything that is throw at them.
- Get a proper quote. Demolition isn’t a simple job – there are many different stages to the process, and each should come with their individual costs. It usually starts with initial planning, then salvage, and lastly the removal stage. The quote should outline each part, detailing what equipment will be used and the labor involved. Be sure to check on any discounts available if they are able to salvage some materials from the demolition. Lastly, make sure the quote has a solid timeline to be carried out by so that you have something to hold them to.
Optionally, you can spend some time looking for a company that will give you a free quote. Companies like Statewide offer free quotes and you can click this link to visit Statewide Demolition website. Even if you don’t decide to go with the company that gave you the free quote, you will at least have a better idea of what other companies should quote you for your project.
Getting invited to a wedding is a very exciting event because you get to spend a very special moment with your friends and family, but part of this celebration requires you to follow a certain etiquette. Attending someone else’ wedding typically includes you contributing a gift to their event. You may be thinking gifts are easy to give, but it gets difficult when you realize all the details that are involved with buying a gift for two people, for one of the most important days of their lives.
Luckily for us, there are many guides around online that can help you navigate the world of gifts, and more specifically, gifts for newly wed couples. Below are a couple tips to help you narrow down your gift hunt:
- What is the customary money amount – if you are thinking about just gifting cash instead of a gift, you need to gauge your relationship with the couple – distant family or co-workers would probably get the least, while close friends or relatives would get more.
- What type of gifts do newly wed couples need – as you can imagine, a lot of couples just getting married are probably also moving in with each other. This means that gifts for the house is almost always a safe bet.
- Will you be attending more than just the wedding – while the wedding is the main event, there are still other occasions leading up to it like the engagement party, and also bridal showers and bachelor parties. If you’re invited to them all then you need to split up your budget accordingly.
- Stick to the bridal registry – if you want to be safe, when getting a physical gift for the couple it’s wise to stick to their bridal registry if they have one.
Besides that, you can browse around online for other buying guides, and sites like Gifts Less Ordinary that are designed to ease your gift shopping woes. They offer not only great gifts, but many of them can be personalized with custom monograms or an emboss.
For those of you looking for just 1 sentence that sums up this particular heat sink: For anyone that needs more or better cooling for their mini ITX system, then this should be your go-to cooler.
Now, getting into some of the details. Like mentioned above, this is probably the best cooler to go for when considering to cool a high performance machine, that is stuffed into a mini ITX case, like CM Elite 130. Initially, the height of this model will scare away some potential customers, since some will be worried about the clearance in their case.
It’s important to keep in mind that this cooler works really well for T and S Intel chip series, but for the K processors and up, like an i5-4690k, you will still see temps rise a little bit. Ultimately, with mini ITX cases, it comes down to how big of a tower cooler you can manage to fit.
At the end of the day, there is an infinite amount different heat sinks, from a countless number of Heatsink Manufacturers. A majority of the time, people just purchase ready-made computers off the shelf, so not much thought has to be put into heat sinks. It’s really only when you get into upgrading your computer, or building your own custom one, that heat sinks come into play. In this day and age, your best luck is to choose a CPU that you want to use, then choose the case you want, and make sure that the cooler and meet the requirements of them both.
Often when “meeting people online” is mentioned, it typically has to do with online dating apps like Tinder, or the good old fashion Facebook friends method. Some of the lesser known or talked about avenues is online chat rooms and virtual reality games or websites. These are obviously lesser known, and have small user bases, mainly due to the fact that in this current day, people are very wary of these places online because of all the horror stories that accompany them. All the shows about how older people meet children online and attempt to conduct law-breaking acts with them.
One of the most popular virtual reality games or websites out there is IMVU. You quickly create a character, then go out into the “world” and find people to chat with. Beyond chatting you can do cute little emotes with one another to add a little bit of spice. If that isn’t strange to you then don’t worry, there’s more.
Upon creating your character and interacting with others, you’ll notice that some people are able to do things with their character that you aren’t – things like sexual acts. The adult features are typically gated behind pay-walls (A.K.A. you have to pay extra for this feature), but obviously people have found their way around this gate. There are countless imvu credits generator sites out there that basically give you these credits to buy the mature access to the game’s features. So now, this pay-wall that was supposed to help hinder young adults from having access to the mature features has actually done more harm than good.
Now, I’m not here to preach about only meeting people in person – meeting people online is totally normal. However, you should be able to see why some of these other platforms might be a bit strange, and possibly even harmful in some ways. Just be sure to do your research before diving into one of these chat rooms or virtual worlds.
Very frequently I am not able to access sites like Gmail while using the Google Chrome browser, with Windows 10. It also seems to happen randomly between 5 minutes to an hour after using the PC.
The errors that are given are either ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED, or Error Code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
It’s no clear to me how Chrome can resolve all other domain names, Edge can even reach the Gmail domain, but for some reason Chrome won’t resolve Gmail domain.
The plugins that I’m using with Chrome are FlashBlock, Google Docs, AdBlocker Plus, and LastPass. I don’t think any of those would be causing the problem, but I guess it’s still worth mentioning.
It is strange that it only happens with Google Chrome, and I haven’t found too many people that are in the same situation as me. While restarting the machine does help for a little bit of time, it is inevitable that the errors will at some point.
I did read some guides online about how to flush your DNS and reset DNS settings to something else, but neither of those worked. I’m guessing for now I will just use Firefox for everything since I can still use the same extensions over there, but it still just doesn’t make sense how Google Chrome wouldn’t reach Gmail.
When it comes to having pets, and lots of pets, being able to clean up efficiently becomes a big deal. Pet hair accumulates very quickly, and cleaning almost every day is necessary. Those with tile and wood floors have options when it comes to dealing with the mess – it’s either sweeping or vacuuming. For those of use that have carpet in the area of the house that the animals frequent, the vacuum becomes the most valuable item in the house. When you rely on your vacuum cleaner to work on a day to day basis, you being to realize that not all of them are created equal.
Some of the higher tier vacuum cleaners even boast that they help clean the air too, not just the floor. Big ticket items like the Rainbow vacuums are definitely not the same as a $50 WalMart vacuum. Rainbows are packed with so many more features, and backed by years of research of what makes a great cleaner. There is no doubt that once you experience what having a top of the line vacuum is like, you will never want to go back. And about the price, well just look at it as an investment for your life, since it’s something that you will want to use on a daily basis.
Anyone that has owned or owns pets knows about the ongoing battle with pests. People living with animals in the south, or warm climate areas, have it especially tough since many pests thrive in the warm weather.
One simple solution to dealing with these pests all year around is using tea tree oil. There are many different kinds of tea tree oils, but the best tea tree oil comes straight from the trees of Australia.
The tea tree oil can help your pets with lice problems, and also helps with making your pets fur healthier. Besides lice, the oil will also repel other types of insects, as well as mosquitoes. Luckily the oil can be applied topically, so you don’t have to worry about your pet ingesting any of it. Although it is mostly harmless if taken orally, it’s always better safe than sorry.
There always comes a time when you want to make some upgrades for your furry companions. One option is to obviously order something online or head to your local pet store, but in doing that you know you will be paying a premium for the product. Not only that, but often you will get some cookie-cutter cat house that everyone else has and might just be plain and boring.
Armed with just a couple common tools and some imagination, you can create your own custom abode for your kitty that will withstand the tests of time and become a great addition to your house. Gone should be the days were everyone has the same simple and plain cat houses. Gone should be the days of the typical tan or beige colored carpet on them.
Like many of you out there, I too am not necessarily handy when it comes to tools and building things using materials. I was originally inspired by a post on Pinterest that basically explained everything step by step. It made it seem so easy to follow so I figured why not give it a shot. The guide even mentions how if you plan everything out ahead of time, when you go to purchase wood from Home Depot or Lowes, they will help cut the wood for you to the size that you need. The best part is the instructions included a site called Power Drill Guru that will help find some of the tools that best fit the project. Luckily everything can be quickly purchased on Amazon with super fast shipping so it doesn’t turn into some project that transforms to a month-long adventure.
Anyway, just a quick update with some food for thought. Think about adding some spice to you and your cat’s life by constructing a cat house from scratch.